11/01/2010

Tests never lie, right?

I haven't written in a while; I've just been really busy - plus, every time something new came up, something newer would happen, so I just became overwhelmed.

Last time I posted, I believe I spoke about my hair loss. The doctor, of course, told me it was stress. My blood work came back fine.

Here's the deal: I've had abnormal thyroid tests before, but when they see they big ANXIETY label on my file, everything results in STRESS. I'm sorry, but I've had panic attacks since I was 16 years old (stress and fears since I was 6). I've never had my hair fall out.

So what are my options now? It could possibly be:
  • Anxiety
  • Hormonal
  • Thyroid
  • Natural (Hair is regenerating)
  • Pregnancy Failure
  • Hair dye?
Everything could be fine, but the fact my doctor automatically tells me it's stress (when he's seen me two times), pisses me off. Or I could be wrong.

I'm not sure how long it takes hair to go through a "regeneration" stage, but my hair has still been coming out a lot. It isn't coming out in chunks, but it's noticeable, like when when I brush my hair, or I find it on my clothes or the floor, or pull out strands that pile up in the shower.

Back in 2009 my husband and I decided to start trying for a baby. We lightly talked about it, since we previously decided to not have any. Since we were getting older, we didn't want to wait to talk about it after the age of 35 because of complications (and it's tougher to get pregnant for some as they get older). Because of my anxiety and panic attacks, we really haven't been 100% on "trying" due to the circumstances. We pretty much decided we wouldn't take precautions, and if it happened, it happened. This makes me wonder if maybe I did get pregnant and it didn't "take", thus the hair loss. Several websites, as well as my doctor, said that could cause hair loss. There's no way of knowing.

I started this post a couple of weeks ago (today is 11/20th), and my hair loss hasn't been as bad. Stress, a failed pregnancy, change in diet - who knows. My blood work came back fine and that's all I can be happy about.

No comments: