9/07/2010

Hair Loss

Having anxiety usually means when you tell someone you think something is really wrong, they say "No, you're fine..." and never really believe anything is ever wrong. Nothing is ever really fine with me when it comes to panic disorder; I always believe something is really wrong.

This time the physical proof is there. My hair. In the last few weeks, my hair has been starting to come out. This photo is from my running my hands through dry hair (for example, to put my hair up in a hair tie - or simply tame it from being messy).


The next two photos show my clumps of hair after I wash it in the shower! This isn't just every once in a while, it's every time. Proof something is wrong; even if it's just anxiety.


Just anxiety? Like I always say: "There's no such thing."

I looked up hair loss and found this:

Telogen effluvium: This type of temporary hair loss occurs suddenly, most often after a significant illness or major life stress. Handfuls of hair may come out when combing or washing your hair or may fall out after gentle tugging. This type of hair loss usually causes overall hair thinning and not bald patches.

From: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hair-loss/DS00278/DSECTION=symptoms

I had a thyroid test done 6 months ago (it showed signs of abnormality in 2006), but this past test came back normal. I'm sure Thursday, at my next doctor appointment, I will be told it's stress. Why do I even bother?

No comments: